Monday, December 11, 2006

the penman

I lovingly dedicate this to all writer enthusiasts
and of course
to the rose of my life.



Credo of the Pen Master
-Christian L.-


Scroll I

I am but an ordinary shepherd
Who feeds the flock with wheat
I fill my pasture with earnest thoughts
Free from mossy feat

I who write with sweat and blood
Drinks to the Cup Divine
-pure, hallowed and exalted
Thick and plenty a spill of wine

Scroll II

I am but the fisher of dreams and earth
For I keep a good catch in line
Nothing in this world is like a sea of hearth
Free from wined strings and gross malign

I who write by yesterday’s sleep
Speak by tongues in deep
And I word nothing but the truth
Free from prejudice and sullen creep

Scroll III

I am but the springing mimic of nature
Who waters the deserted blooms and withered
Where upon her bountiful fervor
I tender her frail soft touch splendor

I who write in serenity amidst the storm
Breathes a whispering toiling care
Whereby I cradle her every aging norm
Leaves without the dawning swear

Scroll IV

I am but every soul’s ghost
The master of my beckoning spirit
-of sheer mirth, pain, triumph and failure
No lose of teary ink on my preppy paper

I who write in life and in death
Heeds perpetual ‘til the sunrise of Glory
I be crowned with praise or threat
Never shall I fear this noble story

Scroll V

I am the writer of every age
In Every turning road
I herald the histories of the sage
Unfolding every page that has ne’r been told

By the tick of the clock my life’s worth
A hundredfold joys I shower on earth
Unto my very last breath, I profess with my Maker
To serve my people, a faithful good writer!

No comments: